Welcome Edgewood Families to the 2019-2020 school year.
At Edgewood Schools, all students are official International Baccalaureate students. Our students are provided a rigorous, high-quality education, which will challenge them to excel in their studies, and encourage both personal and academic achievements through an internationally minded approach.
We were able to achieve great acknowledgements at Edgewood last year. Here are just a few accomplishments that I’d like to take a moment to highlight:
- Authorized International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (MYP)
- The first and only TK-12 IB Continuum in the state of California
- 2019 California Honor Roll
- League Championship titles from Boys Tennis
- 3-time National Academic Decathlon Champions
- Expanded Science Olympiad for EMS and EHS students
- Expanded Dual Enrollment partnership with Mt. Sac to allow students to earn college credit before graduating.
We will continue to work together during the 2019-2020 school year to resume the legacy of success established at Edgewood and provide our students every opportunity to become more internationally minded, ready to compete and succeed in the new global economy through the International Baccalaureate (IB) Programmes offered. We will accomplish this by infusing the elements of the IB Learner Profile, setting high academic expectations for all students, and providing supportive systems to assure they are met. We will focus on developing global mindedness skills, establishing a rigorous and engaging IB curriculum, increasing access to college and career pathways, creating a culture of success, fostering a safe and positive school climate, and engaging all stakeholders in the educational process.
The entire Edgewood staff and I are looking forward to a productive and meaningful 2019-2020 school year. Lastly, as your Principal, my door is always open and I welcome your input. Please feel free to stop in or contact me to discuss any concerns, suggestions, or ideas to help make this the best year yet!
Roni Maddox, Ed.D.