Welcome Edgewood IB students and families to the 2022-23 school year. At Edgewood IB Schools, all students are International Baccalaureate students. Our students are provided a rigorous, high-quality education, which will challenge them to excel in their studies, and encourage both personal and academic achievements through an internationally minded approach while also maintaining their mental health.
We were able to achieve great acknowledgements at Edgewood last year. Here are just a few accomplishments that I’d like to take a moment to highlight:
● 100 % 4-year acceptance rate for Diploma Programme Candidates
● 2022 Top High School in the Nation - U.S. News & World Reports
● Amazing Visual and Performing Arts Program
● Introducing CTE Design Production Pathway
● Authorized International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (MYP) & Career Related Programme
● League Championship titles from Softball, Swim, Girls and Boys Tennis
● National Titles for our EHS and EMS Cheer Teams
● Expanded Dual Language Spanish Program for 6th and 7th grade
● Expanded the CISCO Academy
● Expanded Dual Enrollment partnership with Mt. Sac to allow students to earn college credit before graduating
● Introducing our middle school Speech and Debate Competition Team
We will continue to work together during the 2022-23 school year to resume the legacy of success established at Edgewood and provide our students every opportunity to become more internationally minded, aware of their mental health while ready to compete and succeed in the new global economy through the International Baccalaureate (IB) Programmes offered. We will accomplish this by infusing the elements of the IB Learner Profile, setting high academic expectations for all students, and providing supportive systems to assure they are met. We will focus on developing strong communication, providing a rigorous and engaging IB curriculum,
increasing access to college and career pathways, creating a culture of success, fostering a safe and positive school climate, and engaging all stakeholders in the educational process.
The entire Edgewood IB staff and I are looking forward to a productive and meaningful 2022-23 school year. Lastly, as your Head of Schools, my door is always open and I welcome your input.
Please feel free to stop in or contact me to discuss any concerns,
suggestions, or ideas to help make this year successful.
Roni Maddox, Ed.D.
IB Head of Schools/Principal
Edgewood Middle and Edgewood High Schools