About Us

Mission

Edgewood School is currently an authorized IB Diploma Programme World School and is a candidate IB Middle Years Programme Candidate School committed to building a globally aware community of lifelong learners who achieve high academic standards. Edgewood provides a diverse, challenging curriculum that is student-centered and develops inquisitive, knowledgeable, and empathetic students who actively engage in and contribute to their family, community, and the world around them.

History

Edgewood High School first opened in 1958 as a freshman school, located on the old Covina High School campus. In September of 1959, the new campus, on the corner of Orange and Merced Avenue, opened with ninth, tenth, and eleventh grade students. The Trojan was chosen as the mascot and the school colors were green, gold and white. The first principal was Mr. Roscoe Vaniman and the first graduating class was in 1961. In 1988, West Covina Unified School District merged Edgewood High School and West Covina High School. In 2010 Edgewood High School reopened as an International Baccalaureate school. The new mascot became the Lion and blue and gold were chosen as the new school colors. Today close to 1500 students are enrolled at Edgewood High School and Edgewood High School to continue the legacy of academic, athletic, artistic, and extracurricular excellence.

High School

Grades Served:   9th–12th
Student Population:  850
School Mascot:   Lions
School Colors:   Blue and Gold

Middle School

Grades Served:   6th–8th
Student Population:  580
School Mascot:   Wildcats
School Colors:   Blue and Gold

 

Alma Mater

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, To Edgewood sing our praise, To ever faithful sosn and daughters Eager voices raise Loyal always to BLUE and GOLD, Our heads held high in PRIDE. With victories won by LION might, Our lights shine far and wide.